Table of Content
Highlights of Dr Hansa Raval's visit to Guatemala
15 September 2018
Mr. Sajeev Babu Kurup, the Ambassador of India to Guatemala, concurrently accredited to El Salvador and Honduras, attended a Raksha Bandhan program at the Brahma Kumaris centre in Guatemala. BK Dr. Hansa Raval tied Rakhi to the Ambassador, presented him with a Godly gift, and tied Rakhi to all program attendees. The Ambassador, his wife, and several of his senior staff experienced peace through a conducted Raja Yoga meditation commentary. The centre’s meditation hall was at full capacity, more than 200, with many standing outside to listen to the program. The Ambassador stayed after the program and joined the Brahmin family for Brahma Bhojan.
The centre organized several additional programs during Dr. Hansaben’s visit to Guatemala:
1. Dr. Hansaben, Sister Anne (National Coordinator of Guatemala) and Sister Leticia celebrated Rakhi with the staff at the Embassy of India in Guatemala.
2. Radio interview on “Power of Mind in Overcoming Obstacles” at Radio Universidad.
3. Talk on “Effect of Healthy Diet and Nutrition in Slowing the Degenerative Process”, a public program at the centre.
4. Radio program on “Effect of Healthy Diet and Nutrition in Slowing the Degenerative Process”, at Radio Punto.
5. One of Guatemala City’s largest newspaper, Prensa Libre, published a full page feature story entitled “Between Military, Medicine and Meditation”.
6. Several meetings and family get-togethers with Brahmin family, including Raksha Bandhan celebration.
See picture links below:
In BapDada’s sweet yaad,
Brahma Kumaris Guatemala
News from Guatemala about the Eruption of Volcan de Fuego
20 June 2018
Dear family around the world,
We appreciate your concern about the situation that happened in Guatemala from the disaster caused by the eruption of the Volcano called Fuego.
I send you the link for you to read it in essence.
We all have to be very aware of the moments that we are living these days in the world and help Baba in the transition through our powerful stage.
Om shanti in Baba´s sweet remembrance.
Guatemala, 12th June 2018
We appreciate the concern you all have manifested about the situation that Guatemala is going through, caused by the eruption of the Fire Volcano on sunday the 3rd. of June at 1 p.m. Sister Leticia and myself, Anne, were in Peace Village.
It was an explosion of Kiroplastic material, sand, lots of ashes and the burning lava that took various paths, burying totally a Resort called La Reunión and other communities, mainly one called El Rodeo and its surroundings.
There are more than 4,000 people that are staying in refuge places such as public schools, at the municipalities and other places that none of them have the conditions or infrastructure that is adequate to shelter so many families or individuals that practically lost everything, and also, many members of their families that they still don´t find their bodies. They already found 110 corpses but the rest are buried under 7mts. of ashes and hot materials. When the Government declares that they have to stop the rescue they will declare it as a memorial place or a graveyard.
From abroad and locally, help is coming, nevertheless, the Government is not allowing for things to flow and some even take advantage of the circumstances, taking for themselves what they want.
In the Country of Guatemal there are 37 volcanos and now 4 are active all year long. Near the Volcán de Fuego there is the Volcán of Pacaya which is also active and it also throws lava and ashes. There is a river that already the lava has penetrated in it and a bridge fell down and also others are at this same point of risk.
Now it is the rainy season and that has caused also the blockage of some roads because of the landslide from the mountains.
The feeling in Guatemala is a lot of sorrow and suffering, insecurity and lost of hope and tons of fear.
Regarding the Brahmin family and their families none of them were affected directly, besides the rain of ashes that penetrated in the whole city. Indirectly we will all be affected in the near future regarding agriculture, because that area has a very rich soil, fertile, where they cultivated vegetables and fruits. Surely, there is much more to come and we have to be ready.
On our side, what it remains is to do our spiritual part, creating a powerful atmosphere to help the souls with their inner needs and nature, serving in a subtle way, keeping our stage immovable and unshakable, as Baba teach us everyday and He guides us to be free from influences.
This is a challenge and an opportunity at the same time to be able to use the powers that Baba has given us to be victorious.
In Baba´s love, Om shanti,
Brahmin family from Guatemala
International Meditation for Peace held in Costa Rica
23 May 2018
The Brahma Kumaris centers from Central America, Mexico and Dominican Republic, did a 24-hour Meditation from Saturday 14th finishing on Sunday 15th. The initiative is called: Sending Vibrations of Love. The culmination in Costa Rica was the International Meditation for Peace from 10:30 am to 12 pm. The event was sponsored by the Cartago Municipality and the radio 870 AM from the University of Costa Rica.
The Meditation was done in the gardens at the Ruins of Cartago, old building, which is National Heritage. More than 150 people meditated. Meditation, live music of bagpipe, electric guitar and singing were part of the event. For the closing the Mayor of Cartago City prepared a beautiful ceremony with 12 white doves representing peace for the 12 months of the year. The slogan of the event was “I am peace: from Costa Rica to the world”
MORE IMAGES: Please see the attached link and download and rename 5-8 of the most interesting and representative ones:
National Meeting - Bogota, Colombia - January 4 to 8
20 February 2018
Participation of coordinators and right arms of all national headquarters
Meeting with RN / 2018 facilitators. After each center and place of service made its presentation on the main activities carried out in 2017, the national coordination gave recognition to each one for the efforts made during the year, and started with the central theme: From OM to OM SHANTI. To elaborate the vision of the group in the institution, carried out in 13 sessions, implementing a session of SILENCE and MEDITATION. There was transmission of classes with Mohini bhen and Ken bhai, after a greeting of peace, they deepened the central theme of the different challenges established to be fulfilled in the five years and which focused us to the pre-established vision in the meeting. Challenges that serve as a base for the region, according to Sister Mohini, from Peace Village New York.
We will state them below with their respective objective:
1. HEALTH AS A CHALLENGE: That the brahmin community have a more conscious view of the various aspects of health.
2. NEW EXPERIENCES OF MADHUBAN: That the brahmins learn to better plan their experience and take advantage of the news.
3. YOUNG PEOPLE, RENEWING THE FAMILY: Allow the renewal of the family and consequently of the service.
4. THE CHALLENGE OF VOLUNTEERING: The instruments offer more opportunities to people who do not necessarily want to be part of the brahmin family.
5. THE DIGITAL CHALLENGE: To promote in the brahmin community the acceptance of the virtual theme for spiritual service and benefit.
6. NEW COURSE FORMS: Implement more experimental courses and promote virtual teaching.
7. TRIBUTARY AND LEGAL CHALLENGES: Generate awareness of the need to follow the laws for the greater benefit of all.
8. THE EXPANSION OF THE SERVICE: Recognize the benefit of reaching the maximum number of people, recognizing that there are different ways of doing it.
9. THE CHALLENGE OF THE EDITOR: Manage excessive stock, migrate to a virtual platform and find a marketing path that allows it to become sustainable.
10. A CULTURE OF PEACE: Implement the theme of culture of peace as the basic axis of the activities of Brahma Kumaris.
11. VISITS OF SUSTAINABILITY AND SERVICE: Awareness of the most important changes in this regard, such as the fact of not being able to receive great seniors, and stimulating national visits.
12. THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE HEADQUARTERS: Promote reflection on the importance of headquarters and the stimulus to sustainable development.
"In January 2022, Brahma Kumaris Colombia is a spiritual organization, inclusive, empowered and expanding, with a focus on the culture of peace. The self-leadership of its members is the basis of their prosperity and the well-being of the community. The venues are solid and have a structured volunteer service. It serves people, communities and organizations in general in an inspiring, effective, modern and impactful way. Participate in the yagya service with quality contributions ".